A platform built on visual engagement, Instagram is the top social media network for visual branding. Furthermore, because the platform encourages sharing the most interesting moments in life, it has become a driver for social desire and envy. Hosting an Instagram competition can generate significant brand awareness and purchase intent.
This addon give you ability get all photos from Instagram with specified #hashtag and insert to contest as local entries.
The perfect tool to increase your website activity and social traffic with WordPress Instagram Contest!
How it works
Every N minutes (15, 30, …) runs script that:
- Get list photos by #hashtag (up to 360 items) [just if Contest upload dates are currently active, else contest will be skipped]
- Process each photo (download new photos to WordPress media library + add to contest and sync likes count for exists, if this option enabled)
When images are added from Instagram they contains just:
Any other information (like email, etc) can’t be collected.
- Install as plugin and activate
- Naviage to “Photo contest” => “Addons” and set up addon settings
- Create new contest and set up Hashtag and Name & Description templates
Does this addon require any API keys?
Is there any limits to photos count?
By default per iteration addon get max ~360 last photos and download max 110 photos.
If you have too many entries per short time (> 110 per 15 minutes) you can increase how deep to crawl with:
define('FV_IG_MAX_PAGES_PER_RUN', 3); // Increase deep up to max ~570 per iteration
Why numers are about? Because Intagram can return a slightly different count per request (usually about 180-190).
Note: if enabled Sync likes count, then plugin will run as above and after get all not processed photos for sync Likes for them. In case too many total photos in feed (> 1000), there was a change that your server IP will be temporary blocked.
Can I use default upload form together with Instagram Submit?
Yes, you can.
How can I limit Instagram Submit dates?
Script will add new photos from Instagram just if Contest upload dates are currently active.
Does addon supported Videos?
No, all videos will be skipped.
/* version 0.9 # 16.02.2016 */ ** REQUIRED 2.2.509
- – [tweak] Code & performance improvements
- – [tweak] Contest settings migrated to new Contest Settings API
/* version 0.8 # 16.02.2016 */ ** REQUIRED 2.2.373
- – [tweak] added notice, if DISABLE_WP_CRON defined in wp-config.php (can be removed via defining FV_IG_SKIP_DISABLED_WP_CRON)
== version 0.7 # 3.02.2016 ==
- [tweak] better settings values sanitization
- [fix] compatibility fix with >= 2.2.373
== version 0.6 # 30.11.2016 == ** REQUIRED 2.2.373
- [fix] fixed bug with moderation (photos was published automatically, even if Moderation enabled in Contest config)
== version 0.5 # 25.11.2016 == ** REQUIRED 2.2.373
- restored intagram parsing after Intagram api update
== version 0.4 # 11.11.2016 == ** REQUIRED 2.2.373
- now contest option “Max photos per user” can be also applied for Instagram photos
- bug with Emoji
== version 0.3 # 10.11.2016 == ** REQUIRED 2.2.373
- option to block removed photos
- ability edit list of blocked photos
- better Emoji support
- fix for missed spaces between Hashtags (like “#aaa#bbb#sdfdfsdf#dfgdfggf”) – this broken contest layout
== version 0.2 # 03.11.2016 ==
- Added option “Where to save image” with CDN (not need download images to hosting), CDN + WP and WP options
- If used not WP option – rotation was disabled
v0.1 / October 27, 2016
- Initial release
To do list:
- Add ability fetch Videos
- ++ Add ability to use Instagram CDN instead download image local or donwload image but whatever use Instagram CDN