With Cloudinary service and addon, all your images are automatically uploaded, normalized, optimized and backed-up in the cloud instead of being hosted on your servers.
Cloudinary can manipulate and transform your images online, on-the-fly, directly from your WordPress console. Enhance your images using every possible filter and effect you can think of. All manipulations are done in the cloud using super-powerful hardware, and all resulting images are cached, optimized (smushed and more) and delivered via a lightning fast content delivery network (CDN).
- All your images are stored in a cloud-based persistent storage.
- Scales to Terabytes and more.
- Highly available redundant storage.
- All your photos are automatically backed-up, including revision tracking.
Fast images Delivery
- All your images are automatically delivered via a lightning-fast world-wide Content Delivery Network (CDN).
- Images are smartly cached for performance optimization, using every best practice in the book.
- Multiple CDN sub-domains (Domain Sharding).
- Your images are automatically optimized. Their file size is reduced and they are delivered faster to your visitors.
- Stripping meta data.
- Converting formats.
- Optimizing compression.
- Install addon as plugin
- Create free account in Cloudinary
- Go to Photo contests => Addons menu and set up access variable
- upload images from public site pages into Cloudinary
- delete images from Cloudinary, when contestsant deleted
- rotate images saved in Cloudinary
- change thumbnail size after upload
- change thumbnail quality and other params on the fly
- highlight Cloudinary photos in admin
- if enabled thumbnails “hard crop size” in plugin settings, than automatically enables face detection mode, for better peoples cropping
- pick photos from Cloudinray Media library (in admin, since ver 0.5)
How it works:
When user upload image it uploads into hosting temporaty folder and uploads into Cloudinary. After removes images from hosting.
- Initial release
v0.2 / January 10, 2016
- Addons API v2 support
v0.3 / August 25, 2016
- Now plugin does not need those plugin https://wordpress.org/plugins/cloudinary-image-management-and-manipulation-in-the-cloud-cdn/ for work